12 April 2008

George Lamb

This man is a total tool, and yet he is nominated for a Sony Award. For anyone unsure of what these awards are, they're the Oscars of the British radio industry. I'd like to think that the awards would go out to people and stations that deserve it.

But no.

I would like to think that 6music is a station that caters for my need. Radio 1 is too mainstream and in a couple of years I will not be in their target audience age, Radio 2 is...Radio 2 and XFM has Dave Berry as a DJ. 6music not only has music that I like to listen to, it's played by people who actually know the music and know what they're talking about. George Lamb fits absolutely none of the 6music criteria.

Interviews that are poorly researched, catchphrases that are totally stupid, and, from the official petition to get him off the air, we do not wish to listen to radio that asks 'which of my friends would be in your top 5' to its guests.

I know that most radio personalities are total prats. You know, the over-enthusiastic (Zane Lowe), the over-talking up (Westwood) and the overly-annoying (Jo Whiley), but somewhere along the choppy seas of music fools, there are DJs who do demand my attention and my listening ears. DJs like Steve Lamacq, John Kennedy and, before his tragic death three and a half years ago, John Peel. George Lamb may be the person that is singled out here, but he is the frontrunner of a whole army of dumb, despeate and deluded disc jockeys.

DIGG IT!

No comments: