28 March 2008

Odds & Ends for 28th March 2008

In a way, this is the new title for my news in brief style posts (which I kinda stole from these two completely unrelated blogs). But yeah, this is the stuff I didn't really feel like rambling on about in great detail:

Radiohead have announced some tour supports. As far as the UK and Europe are concerned, Bat For Lashes and Modeselektor (a band which Thom has been banging about like a raving loon since Kid A times) will attempt to entertain the masses. It's a great choice of artists and I look forward to seeing both bands.

EDIT: My bad - it's only Bat For Lashes playing the UK. I got a bit confused by the countless news articles saying different things.

My festival conundrum has been partially solved. I'm going to the 02 Wireless festival on the 4th July. I hate Morrissey but the fact that The National and Beck are on the bill so far can only spell out good things for that day. That and my girlfriend likes Morrissey, so everyone wins. I've e-mailed the people behind the tickets for Redfest, asking if I can get a day ticket on the 5th July. Guilfest looks absolutely atrocious this year, even by my very low expectations. I might end up going on the Sunday though, so who knows. That weekend of the 4th/5th/6th could be a trio of festivals!

This was a good post on Twelve Major Chords, explaining why the model that The Raconteurs undertook for their rush-release of Consolers Of The Lonely isn't exactly perfect by any stretch.

I've entered this competition to win tickets to Muse's Royal Albert Hall gig, and to be part of 'the Muse Choir.' That thought scares me a lot, surrounded by hyperactive teens wolf-whistling at Matt or Dom.

Have a good weekend everyone!

DIGG IT!

No comments: