21 January 2008

Four albums for 2008

Better late than never, the albums that I'm looking forward to this year.

Franz Ferdinand - The sound on the album is said to be a bit more synth driven but one thing is for sure, it will definitely be by far a different record from their previous two. I can understand why people didn't like their second album (main reason being 'more of the same') but I liked the songs enough to let Franz off the hook. As long as there isn't another Eleanor, Put Your Boots On or Fade Together then I will be happy.

The Music - Much missed band in my books. Their last album, Welcome To The North (released back in the deep echelons of 2004) was an impressive rock record which should have propelled them to stardom. Yet they are still nowhere near as popular as other bands. Here's hoping that the new album, tentatively given a title of Strength In Numbers, is the one that gives them the attention they deserve.

Green Day - Very likely to release a record this year but it's unsure what kind of record they'll put on. My money is on a more maturer album with a mix of the musical styles of Warning with the biting political lyrics of American Idiot. Other rumours include that it will be a psychedelic record or a straight up punk record but I think that is increasingly unlikely.

The Verve - What I would want is very simple. A record as good as Urban Hymns but without all the solo crap that Richard Ashcroft terrorised us with. If they can come up with a very balanced record with epic, soft, and just plain groovy songs then all will be well. If it isn't, it will make me think they reunited for the money.

Franz Ferdinand
The Music
Green Day
The Verve

DIGG IT!

No comments: