9 May 2008

British Sea Power save Guilfest

I thought that the Sunday at Guilfest was looking pretty dire for a long time. A tribute act headlining and Cerys Matthews making an appearance made me want to vomit. But one band has saved the day from being a disaster:

British Sea Power

I've been a fan of these guys for a while and really liked their 2005 album, Open Season. The beautiful, atmospheric and dreamy soundscapes with quirky yet charming lyrics made it a fantastic listen. I do like their current album, Do You Like Rock Music?, but I prefer the former. Their live shows have always been ones to watch and I look forward to them not only appearing at Guilfest, but also headlining the second stage.

Guilfest is part of something I'm dubbing a Trio Of Festivals over one weekend in July - Wireless, Redfest and Guilfest. Expect mass coverage on each festival as I see a wide variety of acts. Some good, some bad, and some really dodgy local talent courtesy of Guilfest.

DIGG IT!

No comments: