9 October 2007

Green Day hit middle age

Finally, Green Day have broken their silence and have spoken about the recording process for their 8th studio album. Billie Joe has said in Rolling Stone:

We have a lot of music - something like 45 songs... It's total chaos... I want to dig into who I am and what I'm feeling at this moment - which is middle-aged.

"We've been doing this for almost 20 years now. You want to make sure you're being honest with yourself. I also have to ask myself 'what's real out there?' Right now, it seems stagnant."

"I had some kid come up to me yesterday. He goes, 'When's your next record coming out?' And I was like, 'God, I don't know'."


He also added that the songs were written on piano instead of guitar. So what clues does this new information give us? I personally think it's going to be heading towards the direction they went for 'Warning', but perhaps more mellow and reflective.

It should be an interesting listen...whenever it comes out.

Rolling Stone feature
DIGG IT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on Green Day..da best!!!!
your next album is going to be da greatest of all time
Let's Rock

Witt boy said...

Green Day u guys rock! I have almost all of ur songs on my ipod and i'm hoping for alot more! I hope you guys dont give up you give insparation 2 my band! I am no doubt ur biggest fan so lets make some music!