12 October 2007

Maximo Park cover Justin Timberlake

The song in question is 'Like I Love You' (his breakthrough solo song I think) and I don't like it. Justin Timberlake is a pop artist who I find credible. I don't have any of his albums but some of his past singles have been great and 'Sexyback' is an amazing pop song.

The cover by Maximo Park features on the Radio 1 Est 1967 compilation. The premise is that a top artist of the current day gets a year and they have to choose a top 20 hit from that year to cover (e.g. - The View covering The Libertines' 'Don't Look Back Into The Sun' from 2003). NME gave it a 3/10. A really shitty review score and with a cover like Maximo Park's, it's not hard to see why.

I'm going to throw this open to you guys. Download it and tell me whether you like it or not.

Maximo Park - 'Like I Love You'
Maximo Park's official website
DIGG IT!

No comments: