19 March 2008

LCD Soundsystem - Big Ideas

This track is further proof that James Murphy is a genius. An utter genius. Big Ideas is a one-off track taken from the upcoming film 21. This song is typical LCD Soundsystem but one that could quite easily fit into Sound Of Silver. Layers build and build and build to turn this dance song into a pulsing riot of a tune. It's very much, in fact, like standout album track, All My Friends. This might be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you prefer. To me this is a very good thing.

The soundtrack also features MGMT, who I've only just discovered after watching them perform at SXSW on YouTube, and UNKLE amongst others. Listen to Big Ideas now on that cute American indie site called Stereogum.

LCD Soundsystem
DIGG IT!

2 comments:

PPLP said...

Hey thanks for linking me. Cool site, I shall link you as well. (i think it is broken though?)

Liz
My Poproks

Max Raymond said...

Hello. If you meant my link to your site, I've fixed it now and it should work. :)