13 March 2008

Plastic Palace Alice

This is my current new favourite band. Hailing all the way from Melbourne in Aussieland, I managed to stumble acorss this band whilst reading the blogs A Reminder and Get Big, Little Kid (both brilliant blogs and recommended fully). I sort of like to think of them as a poppier, upbeat version of Arcade Fire. But then again, when you have a band that consists of six members, music that is lush and joyous, and a xylophone, I can't think of anything else.

They are releasing The Great Depression in late March in their homeland and I might just try and nab a copy on import. I'm also going to see if I can wrangle an interview with them, so fingers crossed! I recommend you listen to Empire Falls and The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

Plastic Palace Alice MySpace


DIGG IT!

No comments: